Withdrawal Periods for L3s using Arbitrum Orbit

GM fam

I am wondering that will the withdrawal periods for Arbitrum Orbit based Layer 3s be 14 days?
7 days challenge period to Arbitrum L2 and Arbitrum L2’s 7 day challenge period to Ethereum.

So if Orbit L3 users want to exit their funds to Ethereum, does it take 14 days?

[Additional question - is this the same as superchains built using OP Stack?]

Thanks in advance fam

3 Likes

With default parameters, if both layers are rollups, then yes, it will be 14 days from L3 to L1, if you don’t use a fast bridging service.

I can’t answer for OP “superchain” because they would have to change their design to have fraud proofs first.

1 Like

it’s not so simple.

each step of bissection in the challenge protocol is subject to sequencer censorship of 24 hours (current parameters on arbitrum one and nova).

Hence, any L3s, for similar security as the L2, must add atleast 1 day per bisection step.

Hence, with atleast 10 bisection steps, the L3 withdraw period should be 7 + 10 = 17 days.

So withdrawing to L1 from an L3 would take. . . 24 days.

How many bisection steps are needed in the worst case?

1 Like

I can’t answer for OP “superchain” because they would have to change their design to have fraud proofs first.

Good thing the OP “superchain” stack is open source so you can fork it and contribute. :slight_smile:

1 Like